Article about Tolkien

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 11, 2001
      There's a long article about Tolkien here:

      http://www.lrb.co.uk/v23/n22/turn2322.htm

      I haven't had a chance to read it all yet.

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 12, 2006
        A friend just showed me an article about Tolkien in the July 26, 2006 issue
        of _The Financial Times_ (the North American edition, I assume). A historian
        and author named Martin Gilbert writes about meeting Tolkien in 1962 when he
        first came to Oxford to teach. Tolkien was already an emeritus professor at
        the time. Gilbert describes (in surprising detail) what Tolkien told him
        about his experiences in World War I. This is someone writing about a
        conversation 44 years before in which the other person talks about events more than
        44 years before that, so perhaps not all the details are correct. It's not
        much that isn't already mentioned in John Garth's _Tolkien and the Great War_,
        but someone interested in collecting everything about Tolkien might want to
        take a look at it.