RE: [mythsoc] Harry Potter

  • Janet Croft
    Message 1 of 100 , Nov 6, 2001
      I agree -- I can see something like this happening. Mythically, the
      self-sacrifice of the old king making way for the new king seems to me a
      fairly common theme, and I think on rereading there might be some hints of
      this in Dumbledore's character. But I can also see Harry trying to sacrifice
      himself, because of the type of person he is, and perhaps being forestalled
      by Dumbledore's sacrifice. Sacrifice is such an important theme in these
      books, and if she does come up with an ending that ties in with Christianity
      in some way, it would be entirely logical that it would be through
      self-sacrifice. But Rowling has surprised me with interesting twists
      before, so who knows exactly what she will do?

      Janet
      Message 100 of 100 , Aug 17, 2005
        From: "Stolzi" <Stolzi@...>

        > http://www.comics.com/comics/nancy/archive/nancy-20050817.html
        >
        > or
        >
        > http://tinyurl.com/c5mr8

        Wow, I didn't know they were still publishing Nancy! I see they've updated
        the look of her aunt's but not Nancy herself. I guess it would be like
        Blondie and Dagwood getting different hairstyles. They're all prisoners of
        their hairdos.

        Berni