RE: [mythsoc] Ted Naismith rules! (was Tie ins)

  • dianejoy@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2001
      Mary Kay Kare wrote:

      <<< I started my Christmas shopping last night and there is a huge store
      full of calendars and associated paraphenalia at the mall. Right in
      the entrance are 2 very large displays of Harry Potter and LOTR
      associated stuff. Also at Borders this week I purchased a book
      entitled THE ROADKILL OF MIDDLE EARTH: a parody by John Carnell. I
      just couldn't reisist.>>>

      Oh, no! You must tell us what that is like! But getting to Joan's message:

      << I normally purchase calendars in December, but about 10 years ago I
      almost missed that year's JRRT calendar because by December, stores had
      either sold out or had not carried it. Since then I try to purchase the
      JRRT calendar in Sept. or Oct. >>

      I generally buy the Medieval Woman Calendar each year, and always try to get the Ted Naismith calendars. I have the 1996; unfortunately, I don't have enything earlier, except some post cards of his. I don't care for most of the other Tolkien art.

      << Last week, I went to get the calendar and found 2: the JRRT calendar,
      and the LotR movie calendar. Bought both. >>

      How do you like the movie calendar? I'm pleased to note that Naismith is working on 2003's.

      Sword / knife collectors might be interested to know that some *beautiful* LOTR things have been added to the Bud K catalogue, especially "Sting," which is exquisite. They claim that these are official reproductions from the film. I would love to have "Sting," and I'm *not* talking about the singer! (For the record, I only have a couple of butterfly knives and one small kris dagger for display; no bat'leths, no swords---sigh.) ---djb

      [Non text portions removed.]

      http://mail2web.com/ .
    • ERATRIANO@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2001
        Mmm, I'd take the singer but yeah we just got the Bud K catalog too.

        Lizzie
      • Ted Sherman
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2001
          Just saw the following at the NYTimes site:

          http://www.nytimes.com/specials/advertising/movies/tolkien/index.html

          Ted
          Dr. Theodore J. Sherman, Editor
          Mythopoeic Literature