Re: [mythsoc] Digest Number 725--Tie ins

  • Mary Kay Kare
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2001
      > From: "Michael Martinez" <michael@...>
      > Subject: Re: LotR's Movie Tie-Ins
      >

      > I like some of the stuff myself, and have already purchased a couple
      > of the Arwen things for my 10-year-old niece from Giftgiving.Com
      > (which Xenite.Org was invited to promote through their affiliate
      > program). If it makes you folks feel any better, most people seem to
      > be looking rather than buying. The Tolkien movie merchandise bonanza
      > doesn't yet seem to have paid off for many companies.
      >
      > It will be interesting to see what these companies report about their
      > product lines' sales in January.

      I started my Christmas shopping last night and there is a huge store
      full of calendars and associated paraphenalia at the mall. Right in
      the entrance are 2 very large displays of Harry Potter and LOTR
      associated stuff. Also at Borders this week I purchased a book
      entitled THE ROADKILL OF MIDDLE EARTH: a parody by JohnCarnell. I
      just couldn't reisist.

      MKK