RE: RE: [mythsoc] Hattocks and other matters

  • dianejoy@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 29 8:12 AM
      Original Message:
      -----------------
      Hattock, sense 2: "a) A shock of standing sheaves of corn, the tops of
      which are protected by two sheaves laid along them with their bottoms in
      contact in the centre, and their heads slanting downwards, so as to carry
      off rain. b) The two covering sheaves themselves."

      I hope that makes sense in context. Sense 1 (obs.) is "a little hat",
      which I find much easier to visualize.

      David Bratman

      OK, so I guess, since CDT turns the noun into verb, the horses were gathering in clumps like sheaves, and their heads were leaning over each other's backs. A rather nice image. Especially since these horses are winged.

      Thanks, David. Much appreciate the help. ---djb

      http://mail2web.com/ .