Mythlore 89 in press

  • Ted Sherman
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 29, 2001
      Mythlore 89 is at the printer and should enter the postal system late this week. The contents of this issue are listed below.

      Yours,

      Ted

      a.. Editorial (Theodore James Sherman)
      b.. C.S. Lewis, Literary Critic: A Reassessment (William Calin)
      c.. Villainy in the Social Fantasies of Carol Kendall (Donna R. White)
      d.. R. B. McCallum: The Master Inkling (David Bratman)
      e.. All for Love: The Myth of Romantic Passion in Japanese Cinema (Rebecca A. Umland and Samuel J. Umland)
      f.. Making and Unmaking in Middle-earth and Elsewhere (Edith L. Crowe)
      g.. Hobbit Sex and Sensuality in The Lord of the Rings (Daniel Timmons)
      h.. Letters
      i.. About the Contributors
      ------------------------------
      Dr. Theodore J. Sherman, Editor
      Mythlore: A Journal of J. R. R. Tolkien, C. S. Lewis, Charles Williams, and Mythopoeic Literature
      Associate Professor of English
      Murfreesboro, TN 37132
      615 898-5836 Office
      615 898-5098 FAX
      tsherman@... Office
      tedsherman@... Home

    • Stolzi@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 29, 2001
        In a message dated 10/29/2001 10:08:58 AM Central Standard Time,
        tedsherman@... writes:

        > Hobbit Sex and Sensuality in The Lord of the Rings

        Good heavens!!
      • ERATRIANO@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 29, 2001
          In a message dated 10/29/01 6:39:48 PM Eastern Standard Time, Stolzi@...
          writes:

          <<
          > Hobbit Sex and Sensuality in The Lord of the Rings

          Good heavens!! >>

          Was there? I think the moles of Duncton were very sensual. LOL It's
          surreal. But the LoTR gang? I didn't notice...

          Lizzie
        • Avie
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 29, 2001
            > > Hobbit Sex and Sensuality in The Lord of the Rings
            >
            > Good heavens!! >>

            hmmm... raises some interesting questions as to how little Elanor Gamgee
            came into being doesn't it.

            I wonder if those hairy feet play a significant role? Brings a whole new
            meaning to foot fetishes ;)

            Avie
          • Berni Phillips
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 29, 2001
              From: <Stolzi@...>

              > tedsherman@... writes:
              >
              > > Hobbit Sex and Sensuality in The Lord of the Rings
              >
              > Good heavens!!

              Don't panic. I'm picturing something very Jane Austen-ish. You know, Pride
              and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Sex and Sensua -- oh, maybe not.
            • Ted Sherman
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 29, 2001
                Yep, it's a good article!

                Ted