Potter article & A Wrinkle in Time

  • Ted Sherman
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 28, 2001
      Last night we rented "Spy Kids" (which turned out to be much better than I had expected) and one of the trailers on it was for a Disney miniseries production of _A Wrinkle in Time_ to be aired in February 2002. From the brief bit I saw, it looks good (as in visually) and has some good actors in it (Alfre Woodard plays one of the witches).

      On another note, there's an article on Harry Potter in the current Newsweek, available at:

      http://www.msnbc.com/news/648695.asp

      Ted
      ------------------------------
      Dr. Theodore J. Sherman, Editor
      Mythlore: A Journal of J. R. R. Tolkien, C. S. Lewis, Charles Williams, and Mythopoeic Literature
      Associate Professor of English
      Murfreesboro, TN 37132
      615 898-5836 Office
      615 898-5098 FAX
      tsherman@... Office
      tedsherman@... Home

    • Steve Dufour
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 28, 2001
        I've heard Spy Kids was good. Did it also have the
        LOTR trailer? Was it video or DVD? Thanks. --- Ted
        Sherman <tedsherman@...> wrote: > Last night we
        rented "Spy Kids" (which turned out to > be much
        better than I had expected) and one of the > trailers
        on it was for a Disney miniseries > production of _A
        Wrinkle in Time_ to be aired in > February 2002. From
        the brief bit I saw, it looks > good (as in visually)
        and has some good actors in it > (Alfre Woodard plays
        one of the witches). > > On another note, there's an
        article on Harry Potter > in the current Newsweek,
        available at: > >
        http://www.msnbc.com/news/648695.asp > > Ted >
        ------------------------------ > Dr. Theodore J.
        Sherman, Editor > Mythlore: A Journal of J. R. R.
        Tolkien, C. S. > Lewis, Charles Williams, and
        Mythopoeic Literature > Associate Professor of
        English > Box X041, Middle Tennessee State
        University > Murfreesboro, TN 37132 > 615 898-5836
        Office > 615 898-5098 FAX > tsherman@... Office >
        tedsherman@... Home > > > > [No

        http://personals.yahoo.com
      • Christine Howlett
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 29, 2001
          I enjoyed Spy Kids as pleasant escape fare. They didn't bother with a plot
          more than was necessary. In fact, it seemed that the writers had a great
          time with the fireworks of the huge middle part of the movie, then decided
          they'd better tack on a beginning and end with the 'moral' attached. If
          you're in the mood for cotton candy, it's good cotton candy.
          Christine (ps, no kids - I just like kid movies!)

          >I've heard Spy Kids was good. Did it also have the
          >LOTR trailer? Was it video or DVD? Thanks. --- Ted
          >Sherman <tedsherman@...> wrote:> Last night we
          >rented "Spy Kids" (which turned out to> be much
          >better than I had expected) and one of the> trailers
          >on it was for a Disney miniseries> production of _A
          >Wrinkle in Time_ to be aired in> February 2002. From
          >the brief bit I saw, it looks> good (as in visually)
          >and has some good actors in it> (Alfre Woodard plays
          >one of the witches).> > On another note, there's an
          >article on Harry Potter> in the current Newsweek,
          >available at:> >
          >http://www.msnbc.com/news/648695.asp> > Ted>
          >------------------------------> Dr. Theodore J.
          >Sherman, Editor> Mythlore: A Journal of J. R. R.
          >Tolkien, C. S.> Lewis, Charles Williams, and
          >Mythopoeic Literature> Associate Professor of
          >English> Box X041, Middle Tennessee State
          >University> Murfreesboro, TN 37132> 615 898-5836
          >Office> 615 898-5098 FAX> tsherman@... Office>
          >tedsherman@... Home> > > > [No

        • Ted Sherman
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 29, 2001
            It was video--and it was actually quite good. Antonio Banderas plays his
            part very well (tongue in cheeky spy). The upshot of the film, however, is
            what I found not only interesting but good: it is a more difficult mission
            to raise and keep together a family than to be an international spy.
            Somewhat a reassuring notion and a positive value for kids in this day of
            depressing ideas and MTV values!

            Ted