Re: unfinished series (Zelazny)

  • Eleanor Farrell
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2001
      David Bratman wrote:

      >I met Roger Zelazny when he was about halfway through the first Amber
      >series. I told him that, much as I loved his work, I had not read Amber
      >and did not intend to do so until he finished the sequence. He said that
      >sounded reasonable to him, and that one of his closest friends had told him
      >the same thing. (When it was finished, I did indeed read it.)

      I was on a bus in Boulder once, and saw a guy carrying a boxed set of
      Zelazny's Amber series .... but the set only included the first 4
      books! (and anybody who's read these knows that the 4th book does NOT
      end the series ...). I debated telling him but decided to leave well
      enough alone ....

      On another topic,-- the Clark and Timmons Tolkien book -- David's
      review will be published in the December issue of Mythprint. The
      November issue is at the printer, and contains reviews of the new
      Ursula K. Le Guin Earthsea novel, and a write-up on the 2002 Tolkien
      Calendar (the one with Ted Nasmith's artwork). Also a very useful
      article David was kind enough to provide listing a Whole Bunch of new
      and upcoming Tolkien and Inklings titles.

      If you don't subscribe (for shame!), you can do so on the Society's web site:

      http://www.mythsoc.org

      Cheers,

      Ellie (ye Mythprint editor)