Re: [mythsoc] Re: teddy-clutching

  • Trudy Shaw
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 27, 2001
      From: stephen@...
      To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2001 12:22 PM
      Subject: [mythsoc] Re: teddy-clutching

      I'd guess that the women being accused of 'teddy-clutching' stand accused of
      not being 'sophisticated', worldly, 'adult'. That is they are accused of
      being unpopular, woosies, sissies, nerds, even book-worms.

      Given that the criticism comes from Germaine Greer, I'd guess they're being accused of being unliberated, in this case that they're acting out the stereotype of females as little girls who can't quite take care of themselves (and, by extrapolation, need a man to do so).
      --Trudy

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor