Re: teddy-clutching

  • stephen@stephen.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 27, 2001
      I'd guess that the women being accused of 'teddy-clutching' stand accused of
      not being 'sophisticated', worldly, 'adult'. That is they are accused of
      being unpopular, woosies, sissies, nerds, even book-worms.
    • Trudy Shaw
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 27, 2001
        I'd guess that the women being accused of 'teddy-clutching' stand accused of
        not being 'sophisticated', worldly, 'adult'. That is they are accused of
        being unpopular, woosies, sissies, nerds, even book-worms.

        Given that the criticism comes from Germaine Greer, I'd guess they're being accused of being unliberated, in this case that they're acting out the stereotype of females as little girls who can't quite take care of themselves (and, by extrapolation, need a man to do so).
        --Trudy

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor