Tolkien secondary bibliography

  • Nagy Gergely
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 15, 2001
      Dear all,

      I would like to announce that with the help of some fellow Hungarian
      Tolkienists, I have managed to put online a bibliography of secondary
      literature on Tolkien's works. It can be reached at VÖLGYZUGOLY - Magyar
      Tolkien Oldalak (http://www.extra.hu/volgyzugoly/kozosseg.html), in the
      'Könyvtár' section (on the menu bar on the left), under the 'Tolkien szekundér
      bibliográfia' link. You'll find my preliminary notes in English inside the
      link, and the whole bibliography is English-based. I'm sorry we couldn't put it
      up with an own URL, so that non-Hungarians need not mess with the Hungarian
      links; but once you're inside, you'll find your way. I would appreciate all
      comments and opinions on the project; in compiling this bibliography, I didn't
      have in mind only the Hungarian Tolkienists (who are few and far between
      anyway), but also the entire worldwide Tolkienist community. Please take the
      time to look at it, and tell me how useful or misshaped you find it; I would
      like to improve it with time, and I want it to be useful for people.

      Thank you for your time and comments in advance,
      Gergely Nagy
      Univ. of Szeged, Hungary

    • Ted Sherman
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 15, 2001
        Dear Gergely,

        Thanks for the great reference site. I've already forwarded it to one of my
        MA students.

        Yours,

        Ted
        Dr. Theodore J. Sherman, Editor