another Tolkien article

  • David S. Bratman
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 14, 2001
      in the San Jose Mercury News:

      http://www0.mercurycenter.com/premium/arts/docs/tolkien14.htm

      Read it now, because the Merc only leaves articles up for a few days before
      moving them to the pay site.

      Despite the reference to the film in the headline, this one is an
      investigation into the reason for Tolkien's continued popularity, and
      despite a couple flaky quotes it seems to me to do pretty well.

      Of course, this may have something to do with the fact that it also
      includes extensive quotes from one Eleanor Farrell ("a graphic designer in
      San Francisco") and even David Bratman ("a librarian at Stanford").

      - aforesaid Bratman
    • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 15, 2001
        And a prominent article it is, too. The splash at the local paper level was
        fantastic. A "cover" on the Arts & Entertainment section was most of the front
        sheet, refering to the article on Page 3. A side bar had important books and
        websites including a certain Mythopoeic Society's www.mythsoc.org!

        Thank you Ellie and David. I'm sure your talking to him helped get the website
        mentioned.

        Mythically yours,

        Lisa