Whoop!

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2001
      It had to come, and how I've wished for it!

      POSTMODERN POOH
      By Frederick Crews
      North Point. 175 pp. $22

      See full review at <A
      HREF="http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A37958-2001Sep27.html">
      Now We Are Tenured (washingtonpost.com)</A>

      http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A37958-2001Sep27.html
    • Janet Croft
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 4, 2001
        Sounds hilarious! As someone embarking on the tenure track, it sounds like
        required reading for me!

        Janet

      • dianejoy@earthlink.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 4, 2001
          >> It had to come, and how I've wished for it!
          >>
          >> POSTMODERN POOH
          >> By Frederick Crews
          >> North Point. 175 pp. $22

          Omigad! This sounds too funny for words; wonder if Crews did a parody of Camille Paglia? (One of my fave lit-critters, almost a walking parody herself. Yet her pen is sharp as a scalpel. She studied under Harold Bloom, though, so it may not have been necessary to include her.) ---djb

          http://mail2web.com/ .
        • Kati Hallenbeck
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 4, 2001
            I actually can't wait to read this. In my undergraduate literary theory
            class I took in England, we studied the Pooh Perplex and learned to apply
            literary theory by first looking at Winnie the Pooh in class.

            Kati

            Kati Hallenbeck
            k_hallenbeck@...