Lord Of The Rings Exhibit

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2001
      From Studio Briefing:

      Lord Of The Rings Exhibit To Be Mounted At Castle
      Alliance Atlantis, Canada's leading TV and movie producer and distributor,
      is planning to mount an exhibition of costumes, props, still photos and
      sketches from Lord of the Rings at Toronto's landmark tourist attraction
      Casa Loma from Oct. 31 through Nov. 11. Alliance Atlantis marketing chief
      Frank Mendicino told the Canadian website JAM! Showbiz, "To me, the exhibit
      of props, costumes and designs of the film is very different. I don't think
      anyone's ever done this before, and I wanted this. I pushed and pushed and I
      got it. We're the only place in North America having this exhibit." Casa
      Loma, a lavish, medieval castle that took 300 workers to build between 1911
      and 1914, was the onetime residence of Sir Henry Mill Pellatt, who built the
      first Canadian electric power generating station at Niagara Falls. It was
      once described by a critic as a mixture of 17th century Scotland and 20th
      Century Fox