Re: [mythsoc] Harold Bloom

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 32 , Sep 29, 2001
      I took a peek at the ToC of that Bloom book.
      Many of the selections are by Kipling, Stevenson, and
      Pease.
      There are some, interestingly enough, by Walt Whitman.

      The only major fantasy writer I saw listed was William

      Morris with two selections.
      As you might surmise, just about all that have been
      chosen
      are 19th century works.

    • Stolzi@aol.com
      Message 32 of 32 , Sep 30, 2001
        In a message dated 9/30/01 12:11:03 AM Central Daylight Time,
        sheik@... writes:

        > I second Diamond's reference to Homer (whoever he was).

        Homer... Simpson? That warn't me.

        Are you saying that THE ODYSSEY is more renowned than THE ILIAD? Would THE
        ODYSSEY count as the sequel, anyway? I dunno.

        Diamond Proudbrook