Re: [mythsoc] Harold Bloom

    Message 1 of 32 , Sep 29, 2001
      In a message dated 9/29/01 1:02:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      gfunk@... writes:

      > If this refers to Bloom's book "Stories and Poems for Extremely
      > Intelligent Children of All Ages", one has to wonder if Bloom ever
      > actually read all of Kilping's verse - or if, in fact, the "Complete
      > Verse" (whatever that is, whenever published) does not contain ALL of
      > Kipling's verse.

      No, no, no. Mary Stolzenbach had asked what books of Kipling's are on the
      list in Bloom's book _The Western Canon_. I've never seen the book you refer
      to, so I can't speak about it.

    • Stolzi@aol.com
      Message 32 of 32 , Sep 30, 2001
        In a message dated 9/30/01 12:11:03 AM Central Daylight Time,
        sheik@... writes:

        > I second Diamond's reference to Homer (whoever he was).

        Homer... Simpson? That warn't me.

        Are you saying that THE ODYSSEY is more renowned than THE ILIAD? Would THE
        ODYSSEY count as the sequel, anyway? I dunno.

        Diamond Proudbrook