Re: [mythsoc] Harold Bloom

  • ERATRIANO@aol.com
    Message 1 of 32 , Sep 29, 2001
      Wait wait, Bloom didn't like Tolkien but he liked _At the Back of the North
      Wind_? Isn't that hte one about the boy named Diamond, the gooey fairy tale
      about Death? What is the word I'm looking for here? The Romance of the Rose
      is one.... I think it begins with an "a".....

      Lizzie
    • Stolzi@aol.com
      Message 32 of 32 , Sep 30, 2001
        In a message dated 9/30/01 12:11:03 AM Central Daylight Time,
        sheik@... writes:

        > I second Diamond's reference to Homer (whoever he was).

        Homer... Simpson? That warn't me.

        Are you saying that THE ODYSSEY is more renowned than THE ILIAD? Would THE
        ODYSSEY count as the sequel, anyway? I dunno.

        Diamond Proudbrook