Re: [mythsoc] Harold Bloom

    Message 1 of 32 , Sep 28, 2001
      Working back into the 19th century, here's some more s.f. and fantasy on
      Bloom's list:

      Mark Twain _The Mysterious Stranger_ and _A Connecticut Yankee in King
      Arthur's Court_
      Edgar Allan Poe _Poetry and Tales_ and _The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym_
      E. T. A. Hoffman _Tales_
      Richard Wagner _The Ring of the Nibelung_
      Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm _Fairy Tales_
      William Morris _The Well at the World's End_
      Bram Stoker _Dracula_
      George Macdonald _Lilith_ and _At the Back of the North Wind_
      Robert Louis Stevenson _Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde_
      G. K. Chesterton _The Man Who Was Thursday_
      Lewis Carroll _Complete Works_
      Charles Dickens _A Christmas Carol_
      Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley _Frankenstein_

      Again, just a hasty look through the list.

    • Stolzi@aol.com
      Message 32 of 32 , Sep 30, 2001
        In a message dated 9/30/01 12:11:03 AM Central Daylight Time,
        sheik@... writes:

        > I second Diamond's reference to Homer (whoever he was).

        Homer... Simpson? That warn't me.

        Are you saying that THE ODYSSEY is more renowned than THE ILIAD? Would THE
        ODYSSEY count as the sequel, anyway? I dunno.

        Diamond Proudbrook