"And So It Begins..."

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 28, 2001
      This was the heading of a post from a friend, accompanied by a scanned file
      of Franklin Mint's "LORD OF THE RINGS BAND OF POWER" knockoff.

      It's got a black stone flanked by two small red stones, and I don't know its
      powers, other than, I suppose, the power than to make Franklin Mint a bunch
      of money, they hope. Three equal monthly installments, $45 ea.

      But as I inspect the grainy photo I fear that inside this ugly ring are
      inscribed some words that =I= for one wd not want to run around wearing.

      I also fear that it would not make me invisible.

      Diamond Proudbrook
    • Janet Croft
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 28, 2001
        Yeah, I can't wait to see the Burger King Ring of Power -- the power to
        remove fat from french fries would be nice!

        Janet

        (red being the color of sarcasm on one of the other forums I frequent)
        This was the heading of a post from a friend, accompanied by a scanned
        file
        of Franklin Mint's "LORD OF THE RINGS BAND OF POWER" knockoff.

        It's got a black stone flanked by two small red stones, and I don't know
        its
        powers, other than, I suppose, the power than to make Franklin Mint a
        bunch
        of money, they hope. Three equal monthly installments, $45 ea.

        But as I inspect the grainy photo I fear that inside this ugly ring are
        inscribed some words that =I= for one wd not want to run around wearing.

        I also fear that it would not make me invisible.

        Diamond Proudbrook

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • David S. Bratman
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 28, 2001
          At 02:50 PM 9/28/2001 , Janet wrote:

          >Yeah, I can't wait to see the Burger King Ring of Power -- the power to
          >remove fat from french fries would be nice!

          Oh no you don't - the fat is what makes them tasty. Read Eric Schlosser's
          "Fast Food Nation." Better not to eat the french fries at all ...

          David Bratman
        • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 28, 2001
            The power to remove the ring around my middle would be nice <g>.

            Mythically yours,

            Lisa