Re: [mythsoc] D. H. S. Nicholson

  • ERATRIANO@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 26, 2001
      In a message dated 09/26/01 4:41:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      dbratman@... writes:

      << Not the same person. Gerard Hopkins, colleague of CW, was the nephew of
      Gerard Manley Hopkins, renowned poet (and was born after his uncle's death).

      Oh. Well. Thank you very much, I'll not waste my time chasing that
      particular red herring then. What a sweetie you are for pointing that out.
      (hug)

      I can't help being a little giddy. I am actually getting some reading time,
      and plowing happily through C.S. Friedman's _This Alien Shore_. It's not so
      "romantic" as her Coldfire books, or _The Madness Season_, but I can hardly
      put it down nonetheless. With the direct net surfing environment, I sort of
      would almost compare it to some of Daniel [Keyes] Moran's books. Makes me
      wonder how the Foundation books would fare today, and want to reread them, in
      light of the, eh, how to put it? cyberzeitgeist?

      Lizzie, list airhead....