Re: [mythsoc] attacks in NY and Washington

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 11, 2001
      I probably live as close to the center of D.C. as anybody on the Mythopoeic
      Society list (about 10 miles from the center of D.C.) and I'm fine. I didn't
      hear any explosions this morning.

    • Christine Howlett
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 11, 2001
        Thank you, this DC worker is safe and at home now. I work near Union
        Station and normally take the metro and a bus home, but today it was shank's
        mare and glad of it. I'm afraid it was a bad move to evacuate the federal
        buildings, though meant to protect us probably. Unfortunately it has
        created the sort of traffic mess that you can imagine, and the metro and
        buses are not running. I only had about five miles to go, so comparatively
        lucky. My roommate is a paramedic and all the off-duty personnel have been
        called in to deal with the mass casualties. God have mercy on them, give
        them wisdom, strength, and patience.
        Christine

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 11, 2001
          Got you beat, Wendell; I live just off Eastern Ave (the road dividing D.C.
          from Maryland at this point, for the non-DC-ers). And boy am I glad, I am
          not sure I'm up for hoofing 10 miles!
          Christine

        • alexeik@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 11, 2001
            In a message dated 9/11/1 3:22:27 PM, Ted Sherman wrote:

            <<Are our New York and Washington, DC members safe and unharmed?

            I live in Queens, luckily. Manhattan's not a pretty sight, and I guess I can
            cancel what I was planning to do there this evening.
            Alexei
          • ERATRIANO@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 11, 2001
              In a message dated 09/11/01 1:10:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time, alexeik@...
              writes:

              <<
              I live in Queens, luckily. Manhattan's not a pretty sight, and I guess I can
              cancel what I was planning to do there this evening. >>

              Alexei, I live in Dutchess Co. Do you ever come upstate?

              Schools here are all still pretty much open and things are pretending to be
              normal.

              Lizzie
            • dianejoy@earthlink.net
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 11, 2001
                I send my prayers to you, and to all those in New York and Washington.
                This is horrible, beyond description; it is insanity. I know our nation will rally in support, but also hope that we will not be suspicious of
                every Arab family living in our country that we see; most deplore the incident, I am sure.

                http://mail2web.com/ .