myth and religion in LOTR

  • Grace E. Funk
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5 2:26 PM
      A friend of mine has decided to celeberate the release of the Fellowship
      of the Ring film in December by holding a study group on the
      significances of myth and religion in the books. He has invited me to
      participate. Can any of you suggest essays or other commentaries related
      to the topic? Purtill's "Myth, Morality and Religion" immediately comes
      to mind, also Ellwood's "Good News from Middle-earth" And then what's
      next? I've got many books, but not time to reread them all, so I'll
      welcome help. Grace E. Funk.