TheOneRing.Net posts Wired article

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2001
      Michael Martinez wrote:

      > Some of you were interviewed for this article earlier this year. I
      > don't believe the October issue is on sale yet, so everyone who is
      > eagerly awaiting to see what was published will have to read the
      > scans on TheOneRing.Net.
      >
      > http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/2/999635328

      Okay, I've tried to read this...twice. I went to the site and I can't
      find a text file. What I find are scans of pages, which take a long time
      to load and are not easily readable.

      I went to the local newsstand and tried to find the actual article in
      the actual magazine. The web article claims to be from the Sept. 01
      issue of Wired, but the one I found on the magazine rack, dated
      September 2001, does not have the cover shown there, and it does not
      have this article.

      So, where can I find the text (just the text) of this article, please?

      Thank you.
      Joan Marie
    • Janet Croft
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5, 2001
        I took a closer look at the scanned front cover, and it's the October issue.
        I haven't seen it on the news stand yet, though.

        Janet
        > Some of you were interviewed for this article earlier this year. I
        > don't believe the October issue is on sale yet, so everyone who is
        > eagerly awaiting to see what was published will have to read the
        > scans on TheOneRing.Net.
        >
        > http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/2/999635328

        Okay, I've tried to read this...twice. I went to the site and I can't
        find a text file. What I find are scans of pages, which take a long time
        to load and are not easily readable.

        I went to the local newsstand and tried to find the actual article in
        the actual magazine. The web article claims to be from the Sept. 01
        issue of Wired, but the one I found on the magazine rack, dated
        September 2001, does not have the cover shown there, and it does not
        have this article.

        So, where can I find the text (just the text) of this article, please?

        Thank you.
        Joan Marie

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Start here...

        Height:
        345678 ft 01234567891011in

        Weight:
        lbs. kg.

      • Michael Martinez
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 5, 2001
          --- In mythsoc@y..., Janet Croft <jbcroft@o...> wrote:
          > I took a closer look at the scanned front cover, and it's the
          October issue.
          > I haven't seen it on the news stand yet, though.

          It is indeed the October issue (as I tried to convey in my original
          message). I believe it will go on sale next week.