TheOneRing.Net posts Wired article

  • Michael Martinez
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4, 2001
      Some of you were interviewed for this article earlier this year. I
      don't believe the October issue is on sale yet, so everyone who is
      eagerly awaiting to see what was published will have to read the
      scans on TheOneRing.Net.

      http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/2/999635328

      The biographical info on me is a bit off, despite my attempt to
      explain it all to the fact-checker. I did get a college education,
      and I had hoped they would include that. I worked as a volunteer at
      a school for troubled teens a few years ago and my experience as a
      dropout helped me establish a rapport with the kids. But I would
      rather they understand that I WENT BACK TO SCHOOL in the end.

      Ah, well.

      Anyway, I'm not going to blast Wired for getting a few things wrong,
      but thought I'd warn people there may be other errors in the article.

      Michael
      AKA the Chipmunk-cheeked One....
    • Joan Marie Verba
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5, 2001
        Michael Martinez wrote:

        > Some of you were interviewed for this article earlier this year. I
        > don't believe the October issue is on sale yet, so everyone who is
        > eagerly awaiting to see what was published will have to read the
        > scans on TheOneRing.Net.
        >
        > http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/2/999635328

        Okay, I've tried to read this...twice. I went to the site and I can't
        find a text file. What I find are scans of pages, which take a long time
        to load and are not easily readable.

        I went to the local newsstand and tried to find the actual article in
        the actual magazine. The web article claims to be from the Sept. 01
        issue of Wired, but the one I found on the magazine rack, dated
        September 2001, does not have the cover shown there, and it does not
        have this article.

        So, where can I find the text (just the text) of this article, please?

        Thank you.
        Joan Marie
      • Janet Croft
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 5, 2001
          I took a closer look at the scanned front cover, and it's the October issue.
          I haven't seen it on the news stand yet, though.

          Janet
          > Some of you were interviewed for this article earlier this year. I
          > don't believe the October issue is on sale yet, so everyone who is
          > eagerly awaiting to see what was published will have to read the
          > scans on TheOneRing.Net.
          >
          > http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/2/999635328

          Okay, I've tried to read this...twice. I went to the site and I can't
          find a text file. What I find are scans of pages, which take a long time
          to load and are not easily readable.

          I went to the local newsstand and tried to find the actual article in
          the actual magazine. The web article claims to be from the Sept. 01
          issue of Wired, but the one I found on the magazine rack, dated
          September 2001, does not have the cover shown there, and it does not
          have this article.

          So, where can I find the text (just the text) of this article, please?

          Thank you.
          Joan Marie

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Start here...

          Height:
          345678 ft 01234567891011in

          Weight:
          lbs. kg.

        • Michael Martinez
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 5, 2001
            --- In mythsoc@y..., Janet Croft <jbcroft@o...> wrote:
            > I took a closer look at the scanned front cover, and it's the
            October issue.
            > I haven't seen it on the news stand yet, though.

            It is indeed the October issue (as I tried to convey in my original
            message). I believe it will go on sale next week.