Re: [mythsoc] quotation question

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 2 8:22 PM
      tedsherman@... writes:

      > Is this the one-volume paperback with the cover art from the upcoming
      > film???

      Well, I bought my one-volume earlier than that, but at a glance, I'd say the
      setup, hence the page numberings, would be the same. The typo, or rather
      omission, is found in the passage where Galadriel is presenting each of the
      Company with a gift.

      "To Legolas she gave a bow such as the Galadrim used, longer and stouter than
      the bows of Mirkwood, and strung with a string elf-hair."

      In my old three-volume set (Ballantine paperback, copyright 1965, this
      printing 1976, it is correctly given as:

      "To Legolas she gave a bow such as the Galadrim used, longer and stouter than
      the bows of Mirkwood, and strung with a string of elf-hair."

      Diamond Proudbrook