Re: [mythsoc] quotation question

  • Ted Sherman
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 2, 2001
      Mary,

      Is this the one-volume paperback with the cover art from the upcoming
      film???

      Ted
      ------------------------------
      Dr. Theodore J. Sherman, Editor
      Mythopoeic Literature
      Associate Professor of English
      Murfreesboro, TN 37132
      615 898-5836 Office
      615 898-5098 FAX
      tsherman@... Office
      tedsherman@... Home

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 2, 2001
        tedsherman@... writes:

        > Is this the one-volume paperback with the cover art from the upcoming
        > film???

        Well, I bought my one-volume earlier than that, but at a glance, I'd say the
        setup, hence the page numberings, would be the same. The typo, or rather
        omission, is found in the passage where Galadriel is presenting each of the
        Company with a gift.

        "To Legolas she gave a bow such as the Galadrim used, longer and stouter than
        the bows of Mirkwood, and strung with a string elf-hair."

        In my old three-volume set (Ballantine paperback, copyright 1965, this
        printing 1976, it is correctly given as:

        "To Legolas she gave a bow such as the Galadrim used, longer and stouter than
        the bows of Mirkwood, and strung with a string of elf-hair."

        Diamond Proudbrook