Re: [mythsoc] Tolkien figures

  • Vincent Ferre
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2001
      >It has sold more than 90 million copies worldwide since the first appeared
      >in 1937.

      by the way, do you know the accurate sales figures of the Lord of the Rings
      ? I only know those given by Patrick Curry (p. 12) ie 50 million copies for
      the LoR and 40 for the Hobbit, in thirty languages ; before my book was
      released in February, I wrote twice to HarperCollins (via my publisher) to
      have recent ones, but received no answer...
      in France, newspapers refer to approximative and strange figures (200
      million copies, 100 ) without proof.

      Thanks,
      Vincent

      http://pourtolkien.free.fr