Re: Digest Number 657

  • Michael Martinez
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 10, 2001
      --- In mythsoc@y..., "Sweet & Tender Hooligan" <cirhsein@y...> wrote:
      > > I can't recall when or if anyone has ever gotten an Oscar
      > > nomination for a fantasy movie performance, but they may
      > > have a couple of candidates come out of these movies simply
      > > because of the demands of the roles.
      >
      > Hah! If the Academy deigns to award even a single /nomination/ to
      > these actors, I will eat my hat.

      They may not want to recognize these actors. We may not get award-
      worthy performances. But from what I've been hearing, both publicly
      and privately, for the past year-and-a-half, there have been some
      very good performances.

      And then we have the beloved Liv Tyler screaming and ducking behind
      Viggo as thirty Orcs come charging at her, not mention whacking her
      poor horse with a sword. But, as I pointed out previously, I believe
      the focus of her role in the films has been changed drastically.

      And as long as the horse wasn't hurt, I'd watch her wield a sword any
      day. But that's just me. :)
    • Trudy Shaw
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 11, 2001