Re: [mythsoc] Re: Digest Number 657

  • Steve Dufour
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 10, 2001
      > > > That's something I've always kind of
      wondered > about--if Elves are > > immortal, do they
      reach a certain apparent age and > then > > stop
      "aging," or do they age continuously but very >
      slowly? >.....The ladies seem to show less effects of
      aging than the men. Elrond certainly looked
      middle-aged. But then he was half Man. Oh well, good
      question. I'm hoping for several Oscars for the LOTR
      movies. -Steve

      http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
    • Michael Martinez
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 10, 2001
        --- In mythsoc@y..., "Sweet & Tender Hooligan" <cirhsein@y...> wrote:
        > > I can't recall when or if anyone has ever gotten an Oscar
        > > nomination for a fantasy movie performance, but they may
        > > have a couple of candidates come out of these movies simply
        > > because of the demands of the roles.
        >
        > Hah! If the Academy deigns to award even a single /nomination/ to
        > these actors, I will eat my hat.

        They may not want to recognize these actors. We may not get award-
        worthy performances. But from what I've been hearing, both publicly
        and privately, for the past year-and-a-half, there have been some
        very good performances.

        And then we have the beloved Liv Tyler screaming and ducking behind
        Viggo as thirty Orcs come charging at her, not mention whacking her
        poor horse with a sword. But, as I pointed out previously, I believe
        the focus of her role in the films has been changed drastically.

        And as long as the horse wasn't hurt, I'd watch her wield a sword any
        day. But that's just me. :)
      • Trudy Shaw
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 11, 2001