Re: [mythsoc] AotC

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 8, 2001
      sschaper@... writes:

      > Christianity

      A thought I had this week: Frodo is 33, when a hobbit comes of age, at the
      beginning of LOTR. At the end of 17 years he is "approaching 50" and begins
      his task.

      Jesus was 13 when he came of age in the Jewish law (12 in the only story of
      His childhood we have, Lk 2:41ff). At "about thirty years of age" ie after
      17 years, we are told He began His ministry (Lk 3:23). An interesting
      parallel!

      Mary S