Re: [mythsoc] Directions to Mythcon

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2001
      WendellWag@... writes:

      > How do I get from the San Francisco airport to Mythcon?

      Where's your Progress Report #3? I filch from it the following info:

      As I understand it, shuttles exist, but charge more from the SF Airport (it's
      23 miles as opposed to 9 miles). You are advised to call ahead for
      reservations. These numbers were given:

      BayPorter Express 510 864 4000 / 415 467 8783
      Bay Area Shuttle 415 873-7771
      East Bay Airporter 925 671 7846 / 650 873 7771

      Or, take SamTrans BX bus from the SF airport to the Colma BART station. Then:

      "Board a Richmond-bound BART train to the Berkeley Station or a Pittsburg
      train to the Rockridge station. Take a free transfer from the machine. BART
      info number, 510 464-6000.

      "From either station, take AC Transit bus route 7 to Clark Kerr Campus."

      Mary S
    • Stolzi@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2001
        I just called one of the shuttle companies,

        BayPorter Express at 510 864 4000

        We are coming into Oakland Airport on Delta 1521 scheduled arr at 11.45
        Pacific time, and leaving on their (green, she tells me) van as soon as we
        get in, get our luggage, and decide whether to eat lunch there or not (our
        planes offer only "snack" - grrr!)

        I just mention this because (a) BayPorter does work, I find and (b) perhaps
        someone else will be around and want to ride with us. Not Wendell of course
        as he is coming into SF Airport. The price she gave seemed reasonable.

        Have not made return reserv for Monday yet; perhaps a group of us will want
        to go together, but we (Con and I) must leave the campus fairly early as our
        plane departs Oakland at 12.46 pm.

        Mary S