Directions to Mythcon

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1 5:09 AM
      How do I get from the San Francisco airport to Mythcon? I'll be arriving at
      the South Terminal. (I'm flying into San Francisco rather than Oakland
      because it's $130 cheaper.)

    • David S. Bratman
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1 9:35 AM
        Wendell Wagner wrote:

        >How do I get from the San Francisco airport to Mythcon? I'll be arriving at
        >the South Terminal. (I'm flying into San Francisco rather than Oakland
        >because it's $130 cheaper.)

        Here is information from the San Francisco Airport website:

        From SFO : East Bay Door-to-Door Van Services
        Domestic Terminals:
        Vans depart from level 2 (departures), Center Island, outside all terminals.
        International Terminal:
        Vans depart from level 3 (departures), Center Island, outside the terminal.

        Fare Carrier Phone No.
        $22-$50 Bayporter Express (877) 467-1800 from SFO
        (415) 467-1800 outside SFO
        Alameda & Contra Costa County: Every hour: 6:30 am-11:30 pm

        $23-$41 M & M Luxury Shuttle
        (415) 552-3200
        $24-$109 South & East Bay Shuttle
        (800) 548-4664
        (408) 225-4444

        The general transport info page at the airport's website is
        <http://www.flysfo.com/transport/services/gt_tsv_search.asp>

        David Bratman
      • Stolzi@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1 10:56 AM
          WendellWag@... writes:

          > How do I get from the San Francisco airport to Mythcon?

          Where's your Progress Report #3? I filch from it the following info:

          As I understand it, shuttles exist, but charge more from the SF Airport (it's
          23 miles as opposed to 9 miles). You are advised to call ahead for
          reservations. These numbers were given:

          BayPorter Express 510 864 4000 / 415 467 8783
          Bay Area Shuttle 415 873-7771
          East Bay Airporter 925 671 7846 / 650 873 7771

          Or, take SamTrans BX bus from the SF airport to the Colma BART station. Then:

          "Board a Richmond-bound BART train to the Berkeley Station or a Pittsburg
          train to the Rockridge station. Take a free transfer from the machine. BART
          info number, 510 464-6000.

          "From either station, take AC Transit bus route 7 to Clark Kerr Campus."

          Mary S
        • Stolzi@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1 1:54 PM
            I just called one of the shuttle companies,

            BayPorter Express at 510 864 4000

            We are coming into Oakland Airport on Delta 1521 scheduled arr at 11.45
            Pacific time, and leaving on their (green, she tells me) van as soon as we
            get in, get our luggage, and decide whether to eat lunch there or not (our
            planes offer only "snack" - grrr!)

            I just mention this because (a) BayPorter does work, I find and (b) perhaps
            someone else will be around and want to ride with us. Not Wendell of course
            as he is coming into SF Airport. The price she gave seemed reasonable.

            Have not made return reserv for Monday yet; perhaps a group of us will want
            to go together, but we (Con and I) must leave the campus fairly early as our
            plane departs Oakland at 12.46 pm.

            Mary S