Re: [mythsoc] Tolkien fans in Kazakhstan

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31 8:13 PM
      And in further news, police in Berkeley, California are preparing for clashes
      with a group of "Tolkienists" who will be meeting this weekend on the campus
      of the University of California. See the following news story:

      http://www.bogusnews.com/its.just.a.joke/you.fool

      Two paragraphs from the article:

      I. M. Maydup, head of the Berkeley police department announced, "These
      degenerates, members of an underground group called the Miss OP-ic Society,
      are planning to hold some sort of disgusting ceremony called Miss Gone. At
      least, we think that's what it's called. We can't be sure because the one
      member of this gang of subversives who survived our beatings long enough to
      give us some information started lisping every time we asked him about it."

      When asked if the police will be able to arrest all the members of this
      group, Chief Maydup replied, "It shouldn't be any problem. These people
      don't have the sense to keep a low profile. Saturday morning they plan to
      hold some sort of public rally where they'll actually parade around the
      campus flaunting their sick desires. They'll even be carrying banners."