Seraphim Sherman

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30, 2001
      Ted writes, and gives me permission to pass along:

      The dr had blood drawn from Seraphim today to try to determine why his
      heartrate and pulseox (oxygen concentration in his circulating blood) levels
      keep dropping periodically. It happened again this morning and he turned
      blue. The dr wants to see if he has an infection, which, although we hope he
      doesn't, at least we would know what is causing these episodes.

      As it is, he will not come home until Saturday at the earliest.
      Statistically, if a baby doesn't have one of these episodes for five days,
      then he won't have one again.

      So, please pray for Seraphim, his doctors, and us. Karen and I are worn out.

      Lord, help our unbelief. Lord, have mercy.
    • Stolzi@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 7, 2001
        It's just occurred to me that Ted Sherman has four children now, is an
        English professor, and is writing a book on BEOWULF (he tells me).

        Just who does the man think he is? ;)

        tedsherman@... writes:

        > Good News!!! Seraphim will definitely come home on Tuesday.
        >
        > The upper GI test showed he has reflux, so the doctors say that other than
        > that he's in great shape and there's no reason for him to stay in ICU.
        He'll