Ape Linkin'

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2001
      OK, OK, so it's a bit declasse' for the likes of us, but I know there are
      PLANET OF THE APES fans out there, I know who you are <EG> and I don't know
      but what it =is= a modern myth. I am posting the URL for a nice appreciation
      by Andrew Stuttaford of the saga, the old version; note that this is not a
      review of the remake.

      http://www.nationalreview.com/weekend/movies/movies-stuttaford072801.shtml

      As he says,

      "hokey enough to be nostalgically comfortable, but clever enough, still,
      after all these years, to thrill, provoke, and enthrall"

      But alas, he never mentions Dr Zira, my favorite character. "All right, but
      you're so damned ugly!"

      Mary S