Re: [mythsoc] new arrival

  • Edith Louise Crowe
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 25, 2001
      So, Ted, your original message wasn't really off-topic after all. Anything
      related to the mental and emotional well-being of our _Mythlore_ editor is
      ipso facto on topic. Hope mother, baby, and dad are all recovering
      nicely. I was born a month early myself and it hasn't slowed me down!

      Edith

      On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, Ted Sherman wrote:

      > Thanks, Lisa. He's already breathing much better and will probably be off
      > the oxygen tomorrow entirely. They'll also probably remove the IV. Will let
      > the list know when he comes home.
      >
      > You know, birthing a baby (from the father's perspective at least) is
      > somewhat like birthing a journal--lots of preparation and lead time, then a
      > bit of a letdown after it's "out!"
      >
      > Ted
      > ------------------------------
      > Dr. Theodore J. Sherman, Editor
      > Mythlore: A Journal of J. R. R. Tolkien, C. S. Lewis, Charles Williams, and
      > Mythopoeic Literature
      > Associate Professor of English
      > Box X041, Middle Tennessee State University
      > Murfreesboro, TN 37132
      > 615 898-5836 Office
      > 615 898-5098 FAX
      > tsherman@... Office
      > tedsherman@... Home

    • John D Rateliff
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 2, 2006
        ENTS, ELVES, AND ERIADOR: THE ENVIRONMENTAL VISION OF J.R.R. TOLKIEN
        by Matthew Dickerson and Jonathan Evans. Haven't had a chance to leaf
        through it yet, but it's part of a series called Culture of the Land:
        A Series in the New Agrarianism and apparently represents an
        "ecocriticism" approach. I haven't read Dickerson's earlier book
        FOLLOWING GANDALF, but Evan's essay on Tolkien's dragons in the
        Timmons-Clark book (which I originally heard presented at the CFA in
        Florida) is v. good. Shippey provides a brief afterword. No mention
        of Dunsany in the index, alas.
        --John R.