Re: [mythsoc] new arrival

  • Ted Sherman
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 24, 2001
      Thanks, Lisa. He's already breathing much better and will probably be off
      the oxygen tomorrow entirely. They'll also probably remove the IV. Will let
      the list know when he comes home.

      You know, birthing a baby (from the father's perspective at least) is
      somewhat like birthing a journal--lots of preparation and lead time, then a
      bit of a letdown after it's "out!"

      Ted
      ------------------------------
      Dr. Theodore J. Sherman, Editor
      Mythopoeic Literature
      Associate Professor of English
      Murfreesboro, TN 37132
      615 898-5836 Office
      615 898-5098 FAX
      tsherman@... Office
      tedsherman@... Home

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 25, 2001
        So, Ted, your original message wasn't really off-topic after all. Anything
        related to the mental and emotional well-being of our _Mythlore_ editor is
        ipso facto on topic. Hope mother, baby, and dad are all recovering
        nicely. I was born a month early myself and it hasn't slowed me down!

        Edith

        On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, Ted Sherman wrote:

        > Thanks, Lisa. He's already breathing much better and will probably be off
        > the oxygen tomorrow entirely. They'll also probably remove the IV. Will let
        > the list know when he comes home.
        >
        > You know, birthing a baby (from the father's perspective at least) is
        > somewhat like birthing a journal--lots of preparation and lead time, then a
        > bit of a letdown after it's "out!"
        >
        > Ted
        > ------------------------------
        > Dr. Theodore J. Sherman, Editor
        > Mythlore: A Journal of J. R. R. Tolkien, C. S. Lewis, Charles Williams, and
        > Mythopoeic Literature
        > Associate Professor of English
        > Box X041, Middle Tennessee State University
        > Murfreesboro, TN 37132
        > 615 898-5836 Office
        > 615 898-5098 FAX
        > tsherman@... Office
        > tedsherman@... Home

      • John D Rateliff
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 2, 2006
          ENTS, ELVES, AND ERIADOR: THE ENVIRONMENTAL VISION OF J.R.R. TOLKIEN
          by Matthew Dickerson and Jonathan Evans. Haven't had a chance to leaf
          through it yet, but it's part of a series called Culture of the Land:
          A Series in the New Agrarianism and apparently represents an
          "ecocriticism" approach. I haven't read Dickerson's earlier book
          FOLLOWING GANDALF, but Evan's essay on Tolkien's dragons in the
          Timmons-Clark book (which I originally heard presented at the CFA in
          Florida) is v. good. Shippey provides a brief afterword. No mention
          of Dunsany in the index, alas.
          --John R.