new arrival

  • Ted Sherman
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 24, 2001
      GlacierSorry this is off topic.

      Seraphim Alexander Sherman was born at 4.50 pm on 23 July 2001. He weighs 6lbs, 10.5oz and is 19.25 inches. Mother is fine; baby is in natal intensive care for breathing difficulties.

      Ted Sherman
      ------------------------------
      Dr. Theodore J. Sherman, Editor
      Mythlore: A Journal of J. R. R. Tolkien, C. S. Lewis, Charles Williams, and Mythopoeic Literature
      Associate Professor of English
      Murfreesboro, TN 37132
      615 898-5836 Office
      615 898-5098 FAX
      tsherman@... Office
      tedsherman@... Home

    • dianejoy@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 24, 2001
        GlacierSorry this is off topic.

        Seraphim Alexander Sherman was born at 4.50 pm on 23 July 2001. He weighs 6lbs, 10.5oz and is 19.25 inches. Mother is fine; baby is in natal intensive care for breathing difficulties.

        Ted Sherman

        http://www.mail2web.com/ .
      • David J. Finnamore
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 24, 2001
          --- In mythsoc@y..., "Ted Sherman" <tedsherman@h...> wrote:
          > GlacierSorry this is off topic.
          >
          > Seraphim Alexander Sherman was born at 4.50 pm on 23 July 2001. He
          weighs 6lbs, 10.5oz and is 19.25 inches. Mother is fine; baby is in
          natal intensive care for breathing difficulties.

          Congrats! My prayers are with you; please let us know when he's OK.
          What an interesting name! May he live to the praise of God.

          David
        • Ted Sherman
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 24, 2001
            Thanks to all who have written with expressions of prayers and
            congratulations. He was born 5 weeks early (and he's been trying to come
            since 32 weeks!), thus the need to be in the ICU a few days.

            Ted
            ------------------------------
            Dr. Theodore J. Sherman, Editor
            Mythopoeic Literature
            Associate Professor of English
            Murfreesboro, TN 37132
            615 898-5836 Office
            615 898-5098 FAX
            tsherman@... Office
            tedsherman@... Home

            > > Seraphim Alexander Sherman was born at 4.50 pm on 23 July 2001. He
            > weighs 6lbs, 10.5oz and is 19.25 inches. Mother is fine; baby is in
            > natal intensive care for breathing difficulties.
            >
            > Congrats! My prayers are with you; please let us know when he's OK.
            > What an interesting name! May he live to the praise of God.
            >
            > David

          • Ted Sherman
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 24, 2001
              Thanks, Lisa. He's already breathing much better and will probably be off
              the oxygen tomorrow entirely. They'll also probably remove the IV. Will let
              the list know when he comes home.

              You know, birthing a baby (from the father's perspective at least) is
              somewhat like birthing a journal--lots of preparation and lead time, then a
              bit of a letdown after it's "out!"

              Ted
              ------------------------------
              Dr. Theodore J. Sherman, Editor
              Mythopoeic Literature
              Associate Professor of English
              Murfreesboro, TN 37132
              615 898-5836 Office
              615 898-5098 FAX
              tsherman@... Office
              tedsherman@... Home

              > Pleased to hear about the baby's arrival. He's a good size!
              > Hopefully, the breathing problems will clear up soon and he can
              > go home with mom.
              >
              > Prayers and congratulations all around.
              >
              > Mythically yours,
              >
              > Lisa
              >
              > Ted Sherman wrote:
              >
              > > GlacierSorry this is off topic.
              > >
              > > Seraphim Alexander Sherman was born at 4.50 pm on 23 July 2001.
              > > He weighs 6lbs, 10.5oz and is 19.25 inches. Mother is fine;
              > > baby is in natal intensive care for breathing difficulties.

            • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 24, 2001

                Ted Sherman wrote:

                > GlacierSorry this is off topic.
                >
                > Seraphim Alexander Sherman was born at 4.50 pm on 23 July 2001.
                > He weighs 6lbs, 10.5oz and is 19.25 inches. Mother is fine;
                > baby is in natal intensive care for breathing difficulties.
              • Edith Louise Crowe
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 25, 2001
                  So, Ted, your original message wasn't really off-topic after all. Anything
                  related to the mental and emotional well-being of our _Mythlore_ editor is
                  ipso facto on topic. Hope mother, baby, and dad are all recovering
                  nicely. I was born a month early myself and it hasn't slowed me down!

                  Edith

                  On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, Ted Sherman wrote:

                  > Thanks, Lisa. He's already breathing much better and will probably be off
                  > the oxygen tomorrow entirely. They'll also probably remove the IV. Will let
                  > the list know when he comes home.
                  >
                  > You know, birthing a baby (from the father's perspective at least) is
                  > somewhat like birthing a journal--lots of preparation and lead time, then a
                  > bit of a letdown after it's "out!"
                  >
                  > Ted
                  > ------------------------------
                  > Dr. Theodore J. Sherman, Editor
                  > Mythlore: A Journal of J. R. R. Tolkien, C. S. Lewis, Charles Williams, and
                  > Mythopoeic Literature
                  > Associate Professor of English
                  > Box X041, Middle Tennessee State University
                  > Murfreesboro, TN 37132
                  > 615 898-5836 Office
                  > 615 898-5098 FAX
                  > tsherman@... Office
                  > tedsherman@... Home

                • John D Rateliff
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 2, 2006
                    ENTS, ELVES, AND ERIADOR: THE ENVIRONMENTAL VISION OF J.R.R. TOLKIEN
                    by Matthew Dickerson and Jonathan Evans. Haven't had a chance to leaf
                    through it yet, but it's part of a series called Culture of the Land:
                    A Series in the New Agrarianism and apparently represents an
                    "ecocriticism" approach. I haven't read Dickerson's earlier book
                    FOLLOWING GANDALF, but Evan's essay on Tolkien's dragons in the
                    Timmons-Clark book (which I originally heard presented at the CFA in
                    Florida) is v. good. Shippey provides a brief afterword. No mention
                    of Dunsany in the index, alas.
                    --John R.