Bulwer-Lytton Fantasy Entry

  • Berni Phillips
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 21, 2001
      This was the runner-up in the fantasy category of this year's Bulwer-Lytton contest:

      "I could tell you stories about this road we shall be traveling," the old man told his young companions as he leaned on his staff and stroked his silver beard, "of how it was built by Dwarves of the Barad-dur in the days of Thranduil the Great, numberless years before the Elves of the Ered Luin left their silver woods in Lindon, sailed their ships over the Western Sea, and passed from the knowledge of men, but what would you learn from these tales, except that I squandered my college years reading far too much Tolkien instead of meeting girls."
      John La Torre
      Sacramento, CA
      (916) 457-2321

      There's a moral in that for all of us, I'm sure.

      All the winners and runners-up can be seen at http://www.sjsu.edu/depts/english/2001.htm

      Berni

    • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 21, 2001
        So do we invite him to Mythcon? He's obviously our kind of
        warped. And he lives in Sacramento!

        Mythically Yours,

        Lisa