Re: [mythsoc] Fwd: Hornbook editorial on McNarnia

  • David S. Bratman
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 11, 2001

      In the July 2001 issue of _Ansible_, Dave Langford wrote:

      >Diana Wynne Jones denies -- 'not roundly, but with Spikes. And grace notes,
      >most of them obscene' -- that she has any intention whatever of writing, now
      >or ever, anything even slightly resembling an eighth Narnia book, no matter
      >what it may say in The Independent.

      Which is to correct not Sutton, but HarperCollins. Excellent article, by
      the way. Thanks for bringing it up, Mary.

      - David Bratman
    • dianejoy@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 12, 2001
        At 04:09 PM 7/11/2001 , Roger Sutton of Horn Book wrote:

        >HarperCollins is dangling
        >the names of such writers as Diana Wynne Jones and Geraldine McCaughrean,
        >but this would be but meretriciousness piled upon artistic fraud.)

        In the July 2001 issue of _Ansible_, Dave Langford wrote:

        >Diana Wynne Jones denies -- 'not roundly, but with Spikes. And grace notes,
        >most of them obscene' -- that she has any intention whatever of writing, now
        >or ever, anything even slightly resembling an eighth Narnia book, no matter
        >what it may say in The Independent.

        Which is to correct not Sutton, but HarperCollins. Excellent article, by
        the way. Thanks for bringing it up, Mary.

        - David Bratman

        Somehow, I figured Diana Wynn Jones would have more sense than to write a new Narnia. After all, anyone who could come up with *The Tough Guide to Fantasyland* . . . I'd love to read the letter of refusal she must have sent HarperCollins! Mine would have to have been written on asbestos-laced paper. ---djb.

        http://www.mail2web.com/ .
      • dianejoy@earthlink.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 12, 2001

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 12, 2001