Re: [mythsoc] Hobbit names

  • David S. Bratman
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2 10:41 AM
      Well, not hobbit names, but Elvish names - if you'd like to find an Elvish
      name that might actually correspond to your own, and wasn't created by a
      random name-generator, check out the Quenya Babybook at
      <http://www.inf.upol.cz/~mullerr/theresa/names.html>. Sorry, not all of
      the names of frequent denizens of this list are in there, but a fair number
      are.

      - Meldon
    • Berni Phillips
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2 5:16 PM
        From: "David S. Bratman" <dbratman@...>

        > Well, not hobbit names, but Elvish names - if you'd like to find an Elvish
        > name that might actually correspond to your own, and wasn't created by a
        > random name-generator, check out the Quenya Babybook at
        > <http://www.inf.upol.cz/~mullerr/theresa/names.html>

        As close as I can figure out, my name would be Morcotulcolle, as the
        feminine diminutive of Bernard. Yipes! That's even longer than Bernadette,
        which I don't use partly because it's too many letters.

        > Meldon

        I'm sorry, Meldon is a dorky name to my ear. I much prefer the sound of
        David.

        Berni