Young Hobbits

  • Edith Louise Crowe
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 1999
      Twenty-something actors are not the ones I would have chosen for Frodo and
      Sam, but I remind you that halflings are often mistaken for human
      children. Obviously Bilbo looks more mature (based on Tolkien's drawing of
      him) but that's due partly to his Hobbit paunch. My one and only drawing
      of the two--from a long-ago _Mythlore_--portrays them as rather youngish
      compared to other portrayals I've seen. Just how old does a Hobbit of
      Frodo's age look, anyway? Can anyone remember specific text in LOTR that
      might shed some light on this?

      Edith C.