Susan and Narnia

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2001
      I seem to remember a quote in which Lewis says "There is still plenty of time
      for Susan to get to Narnia in her own way."

      It would most likely be in LETTERS TO CHILDREN, but I don't have that book.
      Paul Ford in his COMPANION TO NARNIA gives two references to LETTERS, one to
      p 51 and one to p. 69. A friend of mine whom I called up found a reference
      on p 51, but not the one on p.69. Different pagination, or perhaps error on
      Ford's part?

      Anyway, can any of you here find that quote? And if you do you might send
      the info direct to tmatt@... as well as to the list, he needs it.

      Thanks,

      mary s
    • Ted Sherman
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 25, 2001
        Mary,

        I've now skimmed the whole of Letters to Children--nothing there about Susan
        getting to Narnia in her own time. Though I do have an inkling that I, too,
        have read that somewhere. Will do more digging.

        ted
        Dr. Theodore J. Sherman, Editor
        Mythopoeic Literature
        Associate Professor of English