Re: [mythsoc] Used Bookstores in the Dallas Area

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 18, 2001
      Do you know about the attempt of the writer Larry McMurtry to turn his
      hometown of Archer City (in the Northern Panhandle, I believe) into a town of
      used bookstores, like Hay-on-Wye in Wales? Here's a random article on the
      town:

      http://www.bookmagazine.com/archive/issue11/shopwatch.shtml

      These sorts of bookstores don't exist in the middle of metropolitan areas, in
      general. The rents are too high for them.