Re: [mythsoc] Silliness

  • Grace E. Funk
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 17, 2001
      Thanks, Julia, I guess. "Sweetpea Foxburr" indeed! What an odd name!
      Grace.

    • Juliet Blosser
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 17, 2001
        On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 10:49:36AM +0100, Grace E. Funk wrote:
        > The elf name(s) I got; chose a couple, but the hobbit names I can't get
        > to at all. I tried typing the URL directly into my web browser, but that
        > didn't work either. How have the rest of you reached it? Grace E. Funk

        Grace, I found that I couldn't get the site to work using Netscape on
        Linux, so I think it's not completely cross-browser compatible. Maybe
        it had trouble with your Mac. Anyway, I was able to get to it with
        Mozilla, so I looked up your name, so you could see it. I got:

        Sweetpea Foxburr of Fair Downs
      • David J. Finnamore
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 17, 2001
          --- In mythsoc@y..., "Grace E. Funk" <gfunk@j...> wrote:
          > Thanks, Julia, I guess. "Sweetpea Foxburr" indeed! What an odd name!

          Better than, say, "Sweatpea Maggot"! ;-) But it just doesn't quite
          flow off the tongue the way Tolkien's do, does it? I found that to be
          the case with most of them. You just can't leave decisions like that
          to a cold-hearted algorithm. Maybe better to use it as a suggestion
          to which you apply your own intuition.

          David
          who thinks he'll keep "Daeron,"
          if no one minds, even though