Re: Silliness

  • David J. Finnamore
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 15, 2001
      --- In mythsoc@y..., "Grace E. Funk" <gfunk@j...> wrote:
      > The elf name(s) I got; chose a couple, but the hobbit names I can't
      get
      > to at all. I tried typing the URL directly into my web browser, but
      that
      > didn't work either. How have the rest of you reached it? Grace E.
      Funk

      Hmm. Worked for me yesterday and just now. It looks like it requires
      a javascript compatible browser. Are you using a relatively recent
      (like last three years or so) version of Netscape or IE? Works for me
      in Netscape 4.72 and IE 5.5 on Windows 98SE. Looks a little better in
      Netscape, which is something I've never seen happen before.

      Hey, Oscar Meyer comes out "Orgulas Gamwich of the Bree Gamwiches"
      {8=)

      David Finnamore
    • Grace E. Funk
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 17, 2001
        Thanks, Julia, I guess. "Sweetpea Foxburr" indeed! What an odd name!
        Grace.

      • Juliet Blosser
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 17, 2001
          On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 10:49:36AM +0100, Grace E. Funk wrote:
          > The elf name(s) I got; chose a couple, but the hobbit names I can't get
          > to at all. I tried typing the URL directly into my web browser, but that
          > didn't work either. How have the rest of you reached it? Grace E. Funk

          Grace, I found that I couldn't get the site to work using Netscape on
          Linux, so I think it's not completely cross-browser compatible. Maybe
          it had trouble with your Mac. Anyway, I was able to get to it with
          Mozilla, so I looked up your name, so you could see it. I got:

          Sweetpea Foxburr of Fair Downs
        • David J. Finnamore
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 17, 2001
            --- In mythsoc@y..., "Grace E. Funk" <gfunk@j...> wrote:
            > Thanks, Julia, I guess. "Sweetpea Foxburr" indeed! What an odd name!

            Better than, say, "Sweatpea Maggot"! ;-) But it just doesn't quite
            flow off the tongue the way Tolkien's do, does it? I found that to be
            the case with most of them. You just can't leave decisions like that
            to a cold-hearted algorithm. Maybe better to use it as a suggestion
            to which you apply your own intuition.

            David
            who thinks he'll keep "Daeron,"
            if no one minds, even though