RE :Hobbit name

  • Julia Palffy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2001
      I had a go - no, two - at getting my "hobbit name".
      I definitely got the same thing both times.
      Now, can anyone explain to me how I end up with: Ruby *Tolkien* ???!!!
      I know my last name is somewhat unusual (except for Hungarians), and suppose
      they saved Tolkien as a kind of "joker" for "untranslatable" names, but I'm
      very curious to know if anyone else has landed something of this kind.

      Julia Palffy
      Zug, Switzerland
      jupalffy@...