LotR for a first-time reader

  • Juliet Blosser
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2001
      I have a friend who wants to buy the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings for
      a friend of his who has never read them. He asked me to forward his
      question on to y'all:

      What edition/printing would be best in your opinion for a first-time
      reader? My friend has heard that some have flawed maps included--are
      there any with particularly good maps, etc.?