ADMIN: No flames

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2001
      This is your friendly, neighborhood list administrator posting a
      friendly reminder that the Mythsoc is a "no flames" list.

      I'm all for vigorous discussion, but it's possible to keep responses to
      the topic, instead of to the person. Disagree with issues and opinions,
      yes; but please keep personal criticism off the list.

      I know some personalizing is inevitable, but it's getting a little
      intense, and I wished to post a reminder before we had a real flamewar
      (and some might think it's getting there already).

      A reminder: the Stewards have authorized me to drop anyone from the list
      who I believe is in violation of list guidelines. I have not removed
      anyone to date, and have no plans to, but I can and do and will direct
      the list robot to allow me to read posts by a directed individual before
      they are sent to the list when an individual has seemed to have
      forgotten the list guidelines.

      I'll wait 24 hours before taking action, to give parties time to
      consider.

      Any thoughts on this issue are welcome, either to the list or to me
      personally.

      Joan Marie Verba
      Your friendly neighborhood Mythsoc list administrator
      verba001@...