Silliness

  • Mary Kay Kare
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 10, 2001
      Find out your elf name
      > http://members.nbci.com/spider_98/Joanna/ElvenNames.html

      Or your hobbit name

      http://www.chriswetherell.com/hobbit/default.asp

      Lila Broadbent of Buckland

      aka MKK
    • David J. Finnamore
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 12, 2001
        --- In mythsoc@y..., Mary Kay Kare <marykay@k...> wrote:

        > Find out your elf name
        > > http://members.nbci.com/spider_98/Joanna/ElvenNames.html
        > >

        > Or your hobbit name
        >
        > http://www.chriswetherell.com/hobbit/default.asp
        >
        > Lila Broadbent of Buckland
        >
        > aka MKK

        CULITST! CULTIST!

        Daeron
        aka Meldon
        aka Drogo Bracegirdle of Hardbottle
      • Grace E. Funk
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 14, 2001
          The elf name(s) I got; chose a couple, but the hobbit names I can't get
          to at all. I tried typing the URL directly into my web browser, but that
          didn't work either. How have the rest of you reached it? Grace E. Funk

        • David J. Finnamore
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 15, 2001
            --- In mythsoc@y..., "Grace E. Funk" <gfunk@j...> wrote:
            > The elf name(s) I got; chose a couple, but the hobbit names I can't
            get
            > to at all. I tried typing the URL directly into my web browser, but
            that
            > didn't work either. How have the rest of you reached it? Grace E.
            Funk

            Hmm. Worked for me yesterday and just now. It looks like it requires
            a javascript compatible browser. Are you using a relatively recent
            (like last three years or so) version of Netscape or IE? Works for me
            in Netscape 4.72 and IE 5.5 on Windows 98SE. Looks a little better in
            Netscape, which is something I've never seen happen before.

            Hey, Oscar Meyer comes out "Orgulas Gamwich of the Bree Gamwiches"
            {8=)

            David Finnamore
          • Grace E. Funk
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 17, 2001
              Thanks, Julia, I guess. "Sweetpea Foxburr" indeed! What an odd name!
              Grace.

            • Juliet Blosser
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 17, 2001
                On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 10:49:36AM +0100, Grace E. Funk wrote:
                > The elf name(s) I got; chose a couple, but the hobbit names I can't get
                > to at all. I tried typing the URL directly into my web browser, but that
                > didn't work either. How have the rest of you reached it? Grace E. Funk

                Grace, I found that I couldn't get the site to work using Netscape on
                Linux, so I think it's not completely cross-browser compatible. Maybe
                it had trouble with your Mac. Anyway, I was able to get to it with
                Mozilla, so I looked up your name, so you could see it. I got:

                Sweetpea Foxburr of Fair Downs
              • David J. Finnamore
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 17, 2001
                  --- In mythsoc@y..., "Grace E. Funk" <gfunk@j...> wrote:
                  > Thanks, Julia, I guess. "Sweetpea Foxburr" indeed! What an odd name!

                  Better than, say, "Sweatpea Maggot"! ;-) But it just doesn't quite
                  flow off the tongue the way Tolkien's do, does it? I found that to be
                  the case with most of them. You just can't leave decisions like that
                  to a cold-hearted algorithm. Maybe better to use it as a suggestion
                  to which you apply your own intuition.

                  David
                  who thinks he'll keep "Daeron,"
                  if no one minds, even though